Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been considering getting some micro bristle stars to help diversify my CUC, and since I feel worrisome adding a starfish to a 20gal cube, this is a nice compromise. My only worry is my banded shrimp going crazy and eating them all, as I know they’re omnivorous. He’s well fed for the most part, but sitll lunges at fish from time to time (whether that be to clean or eat, I’m not sure, and the clowns seem to enjoy teasing him)

will the shrimp go crazy and eat them all, or will they hide too well/reproduce too fast to be of concern?

also, can anyone else recommend some cool u for a reef tank?

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK. I know i have micro brittle stars in the tank, but I don't know if the CBS eats them.

I keep my CBS well fed, he leaves the hermits and snails alone, so I don't see why it would specifically go after micro brittle stars.

My CBS lunges too when the azure damsel gets too close. I love it, its like the coyote, and the fish is like the roadrunner. CBS tries, but it has no chance of ever catching it...

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience but I would lean towards depends. If it lunges your fish, chances are if it came along micro bristle stars in your tank, it would think they are a snack.
I guess the stars will be good hiders and reproduce pretty quickly, worst case they are a good snack, best case they reproduce to food levels that allow a population, and the shrimp acts as a population control

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK. I know i have micro brittle stars in the tank, but I don't know if the CBS eats them.

I keep my CBS well fed, he leaves the hermits and snails alone, so I don't see why it would specifically go after micro brittle stars.

My CBS lunges too when the azure damsel gets too close. I love it, its like the coyote, and the fish is like the roadrunner. CBS tries, but it has no chance of ever catching it...
Yeah this is exactly what mine is like!! He lunges everything when it’s first introduced, but quickly grows bored, only lunging when things go near him. Although, today I caught him and my lawnmower blenny hanging out together watching the world go by haha

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this is exactly what mine is like!! He lunges everything when it’s first introduced, but quickly grows bored, only lunging when things go near him. Although, today I caught him and my lawnmower blenny hanging out together watching the world go by haha
yeah its funny, my CBS lunges at the damsel when it gets close, but they sleep together in the same skull ornament lol

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah its funny, my CBS lunges at the damsel when it gets close, but they sleep together in the same skull ornament lol
Hahaha, the CBS are such interesting shrimps. I love the boxer style shrimps, they look so big and alien. Truly a unique shrimp in terms of appearance and even personalities

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back