+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie questions here!
Can anyone give me the low down on dosing/adding in Copepods?
I have a 110 Gallon set up with softies and fish, it was already cycled/established when i purchased it a few months ago, so in all its a 5+ year old system.
However, it needs work - more rock/coral etc (it was pretty minimalist from the old owner).
Would it be worth adding in Copepods, or would this require a refigium set up in Sump first (which is on my list of things to do).
Thanks

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Newbie questions here!
I have a 110 Gallon set up with softies and fish, it was already cycled/established when i purchased it a few months ago, so in all its a 5+ year old system.
However, it needs work - more rock/coral etc (it was pretty minimalist from the old owner).
Would it be worth adding in Copepods, or would this require a refigium set up in Sump first (which is on my list of things to do).
Thanks
Does your system have a sump? It doesn’t need a refugium per say but it’s a safer place for them to thrive you can get a long tube with that bottle of them and introduce them into your sand bed so research before doing I’ve never personally done it but I am thinking of doing this you could also get the hob refugium and put them in there

OP
OP
JonoH

JonoH

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your system have a sump? It doesn’t need a refugium per say but it’s a safer place for them to thrive you can get a long tube with that bottle of them and introduce them into your sand bed so research before doing I’ve never personally done it but I am thinking of doing this you could also get the hob refugium and put them in there
Yes it has a sump - was going to set up the refugium there.

Good to know that you can add them without a fuge, i'm guessing that it is beneficial for the whole system?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it has a sump - was going to set up the refugium there.

Good to know that you can add them without a fuge, i'm guessing that it is beneficial for the whole system?
Send a pic of your sump and yeah I’m not sure the survival rate though if you have fish that actively hunting them

Jay'sReefBugs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie questions here!
Than
You already have copepods in the system more then likely. Just dose a little phyto to boost them up a little

AlgaeBarn

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back