Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this amazing deal for $550. A 150 gallon tank with a good stand that just needs repainting. It came with a wet/dry filter but this is for a red ear slider and Id like to convert it.
This was a nice video!
It’s an old wet/dry Sealife Systems model 100… super old. I hope I can convert it.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
P

Pebblestheredslider

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly are you wanting to run in the sump? You could put an after market hang sock holder or put egg crate across the tabs in the bio ball chamber and run pads?? You’ve got a few options.
So after research and asking other turtle owners what I plan (going to try to implicate) is in the filter area I will put coarse filter as well as carbon filter since I will have live plants as well as fish. Followed by the bio nodes (this is in the section where the water comes in). In the next section where the water goes out I will have ceramic nodes as well as lava rock. I think that would be a good set up? I like the egg crate idea to get some more filter in there since turtles are pooping machines. Would the heater go in the out section?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after research and asking other turtle owners what I plan (going to try to implicate) is in the filter area I will put coarse filter as well as carbon filter since I will have live plants as well as fish. Followed by the bio nodes (this is in the section where the water comes in). In the next section where the water goes out I will have ceramic nodes as well as lava rock. I think that would be a good set up? I like the egg crate idea to get some more filter in there since turtles are pooping machines. Would the heater go in the out section?
Awesome sounds like you already have a solid game plan but yeah the extra filter padding might not hurt. As far as the heater just make sure you put it where you’re able to get to it because they’re notorious for malfunctioning and it’s normally in the on position lol. I’ve never kept turtles but I would wager filtration is filtration give or take depending on the application. Best of luck with the new set up!

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back