Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have been lurking around while educating myself on an upcoming tank conversion. I have been freshwater aquascaping for three years in a rimless 30 G Waterbox with an Oase Biomaster 250 Thermo canister filter and programable RGB LED lights. My QT is a 10G rimless Landen with an Oase HOB and cheaper RGBW LED.
I plan to run the same lights and filters with fresh matrix media, 0.8 rox carbon and gfo. I also plan to add chaeto to a breeder box by the lilypipe outflow and seed with galaxy pods. I will make an aquascape with marco rock and have a sand bottom, probably “special grade”. I plan to precycle matrix and rocks for one month in 5G buckets.
I have seen MikeyMikeMike’s Youtube channel using the same system on a larger set up, so I think this is very possible. He has SPS dominant. I plan to make an ULM tank, leather, softie and LPS dominant with nonaggressive corals, inverts and fish.
Has anyone else tried a ULM with a canister filter and planted tank lights? I would like to learn from your successes and flops.

OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have been lurking around while educating myself on an upcoming tank conversion. I have been freshwater aquascaping for three years in a rimless 30 G Waterbox with an Oase Biomaster 250 Thermo canister filter and programable RGB LED lights. My QT is a 10G rimless Landen with an Oase HOB and cheaper RGBW LED.
I plan to run the same lights and filters with fresh matrix media, 0.8 rox carbon and gfo. I also plan to add chaeto to a breeder box by the lilypipe outflow and seed with galaxy pods. I will make an aquascape with marco rock and have a sand bottom, probably “special grade”. I plan to precycle matrix and rocks for one month in 5G buckets.
I have seen MikeyMikeMike’s Youtube channel using the same system on a larger set up, so I think this is very possible. He has SPS dominant. I plan to make an ULM tank, leather, softie and LPS dominant with nonaggressive corals, inverts and fish.
Has anyone else tried a ULM with a canister filter and planted tank lights? I would like to learn from your successes and flops.
Oh, and I will add a wavemaker to the 30G and a small powerhead to QT. I’m planning on Redsea reef salt normal grade and test kits. Plan to add ATO and dose with All For One when necessary

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ultimate Corals
Back