Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never tried DIY plumbing so I'm trying to study up enough before I attempt this. Hoping to get this vetted before I try something and flood my house.

I bought a used 150g Tall with dual Durso overflows. I would be using this Sump .It has 3 ports to the incoming flow chamber.

I need to convert both Durso standpipe lines to 1.5" emergency drains, then take the 1" return lines and make them the siphon lines ~6 inches below the level of the emergency drain while also adding a gate valve below the tank/above the sump on each siphon line. I can plumb the return on the backside of the tank, up and over the back with 1" piping teeing it for flow on both sides of the tank. I will not have access to the backside of the tank when filled.

Question: Is there an issue teeing the emergency drains into one drain? Again, the way this sump is made, there are three ports for the flow input chamber.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DCR

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydraulically it should work (teeing the emergencies together). I have never tried to run two overflow boxes - some say it is problematic. I can imagine it is probably difficult to tune them so that the overflows function as secondary overflows with a small continuous trickle rather than emergency overflows. I would think you could tune the siphons so that the overflows act as emergencies (normally dry) with the water level a little below the emergency overflows.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back