Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to move my ATO container from under my sump into the basement. I have RO tubing already ran from my filter to the current reservoir, but don't have an easy way of running a power cord or wiring along that same route. Any suggestions for controlling the pump for top off remotely?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ナイトコア猫

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A different kind of pump—-e.g., Avast Diaphragm Pump—or something else similar engineering may work. If one is insufficient, two of them will work:

Pump only

Kit

It worked for me drawing water up about 1 floor height, with this pump in the past .. it's a common use case, from reading thru their feedbacks:

1672380766262.png

1672380528910.png

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Greg Gdowski

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good application of the coralvue hydros. You could place the sensors upstairs on your sump that go to the main hydros unit under your tank. You could put a wireless outlet in the basement near your ATO container with your pump. You could turn the pump on and off with the wireless outlet. The hydros has simple setups for ATO units that integrate the sensor and activate the pump. You should still utilize the mechanical and/or pressure activated cutoffs that the others have suggested. The only condition here would be that you would need to have the wireless internet signal in your basement. I put a simple $10 router in my basement for that purpose. However, I have my entire sump in the basement with most of my electronics there as well.

OP
OP
Davileet

Davileet

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been looking into the Avast diaphram pump, and liked the idea of it being in my basement due to its noise. But it
doesn't seem I can easily control it from there, so it will just need to go under my tank.

This is a good application of the coralvue hydros. You could place the sensors upstairs on your sump that go to the main hydros unit under your tank. You could put a wireless outlet in the basement near your ATO container with your pump. You could turn the pump on and off with the wireless outlet. The hydros has simple setups for ATO units that integrate the sensor and activate the pump. You should still utilize the mechanical and/or pressure activated cutoffs that the others have suggested. The only condition here would be that you would need to have the wireless internet signal in your basement. I put a simple $10 router in my basement for that purpose. However, I have my entire sump in the basement with most of my electronics there as well.
This was my original idea, but I wasn't certain from the reviews of how reliable the connection was to their single wireless plug outlet.

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Top Shelf Aquatics

n2585722

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been looking into the Avast diaphram pump, and liked the idea of it being in my basement due to its noise. But it
doesn't seem I can easily control it from there, so it will just need to go under my tank.

This was my original idea, but I wasn't certain from the reviews of how reliable the connection was to their single wireless plug outlet.

Thank you everyone for the replies.
Can you run CAT5 from the tank to the basement. If so you can have a Hydros at the tank and another in the basement. There is a third part that make command buss to CAT5 adapters. These would be a data only connection so each location would have to have a power source for the controllers there. I have my RODI, ATO and AWC in my garage which is 35ft from my tank. I have hydros controllers in both locations that are connected via a CAT5 cable. Here is a link to the CAT5 adapters
https://www.jbaquaticsllc.com/produ...et-pair-/22?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false .

OP
OP
Davileet

Davileet

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run CAT5 from the tank to the basement. If so you can have a Hydros at the tank and another in the basement. There is a third part that make command buss to CAT5 adapters. These would be a data only connection so each location would have to have a power source for the controllers there. I have my RODI, ATO and AWC in my garage which is 35ft from my tank. I have hydros controllers in both locations that are connected via a CAT5 cable. Here is a link to the CAT5 adapters
https://www.jbaquaticsllc.com/produ...et-pair-/22?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false .
Thank you for the recommendation.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JBJAquarium.com
Back