+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
I just used oateys pvc cement + primer to connect pvc pipe to a abs fitting (i would have used a pvc fitting, but in this case it would have been to small of a diameter, so I needed to use the ABS). it's only been a few mins, but it seems secure.
Should I unscrew it and use a new abs connector and some other special cemeent to join the two abs+PVC?
TY!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
I just used oateys pvc cement + primer to connect pvc pipe to a abs fitting (i would have used a pvc fitting, but in this case it would have been to small of a diameter, so I needed to use the ABS). it's only been a few mins, but it seems secure.
Should I unscrew it and use a new abs connector and some other special cemeent to join the two abs+PVC?
TY!
There is special ABS to PVC cement for slip joints....

You then mentioned unscrewing....

If you have a threaded coupler and pipe, all you need is pipe thread dope/paste on the pipe to make the threaded connection sealed.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is special ABS to PVC cement for slip joints....

You then mentioned unscrewing....

If you have a threaded coupler and pipe, all you need is pipe thread dope/paste on the pipe to make the threaded connection sealed.
I meant undo it lol. as if I didnt do anythign, new pipe and new fitting. I'd use: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-4-oz-ABS-to-PVC-Transition-Cement-309003/100344275 or https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-8-oz-Medium-Milky-All-Purpose-ABS-CPVC-PVC-Cement-308213/100116580 ? which?
TIA! i'm finaly about to finish// been putting off for months my first piping of a tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Battlecorals
Back