Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a complete Waterbox 40.2 setup that had been up and running for the last 2 years with live rock, fish, snails, shrimps and soft corals. The live stock was sold around 2-3 months prior to me buying the up and running setup but some zoas and ricordea were left attached to the live rock that had spread off the frag plugs. When I got back home with all the live rock, sand and about 60% of the water and set the tank back up and let it all settle in with no lights on for the first couple days I then did a test on the water and came back with the following results,

High Range pH7.8 - 8.0
Ammonia0ppm
Nitrite0ppm
Nitrate0ppm

I then rinsed the test tubes and repeated the same test and got the same results. The API saltwater master test kit is new and doesn’t expire till 2027 so I doubt that’s faulty ‍♂️. Question is am I cycled already since I broke down and reset up an existing established tank? There’s pods crawling around on the rocks and on the sand bed and I saw a few asterina in the tank as well. Zoas and ricordea are open and look good under blues but why is everything testing at 0ppm? There is a soot like matter on top of the sand bed that I’m going to gently vacuum off once I get the water change vacuum from Amazon today since it clouds up the tank if disturbed. I turned on just the white light on my hydra 32 so y’all could see in the tank. Any help will and would be greatly appreciated!!

48827EDA-00D8-421E-92AA-C79C7DCCB9DC.jpeg D39F1FF7-0662-4C21-839B-CCE84A4F7D48.jpeg

Last edited:
Avast

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is cycled an will support life just fine. The lack of ammonia or nitrogen in the testing reflects that the system is relatively clean and the nitrogen should accumulate as you feed the fish once you add them.
The test results are interesting but not helpful otherwise.

OP
OP
MikeyD1182

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is cycled an will support life just fine. The lack of ammonia or nitrogen in the testing reflects that the system is relatively clean and the nitrogen should accumulate as you feed the fish once you add them.
The test results are interesting but not helpful otherwise.
Awesome thank you very much!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS
Back