Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a pink tipped condy and a purple tipped condy. My purple tipped condy has surprised me on two mornings by being found detached and lying in the sand. The first time I scooped him up and placed him on the rocks and he attached. Later he moved to another spot he liked and seemed stable. Then this morning, I found him detached again. Should I be worried and scoop him up again or just wait him out and see if he's just rock hunting? My pink tipped moved once after I placed it and has stayed in place. This is my second go round with reef tanks but it's been about 20 years so I'm a recycled reef virgin. Relearning a lot but that's ok because I want to know as much as possible to keep my news healthy and happy.

OP
OP
simplysyran

simplysyran

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 4 months. We cycled it a little quick, I know, with live rock, live sand, and live nitrifying bacteria. We tested multiple times a week to ensure the cycle was progressing. PH 8.2, salinity 1.025, ammonia, Phosphate and nitrites are 0 and nitrates are .5ppm.

AS

Mark Novack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may just be young tank syndrome. Even with good params, anemones are finicky about a first year aquariums. Condolactis are also wanderers at the slightest preturbation. Keep the flow lower while its wandering.

World Wide Corals

Sdot

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may just be young tank syndrome. Even with good params, anemones are finicky about a first year aquariums. Condolactis are also wanderers at the slightest preturbation. Keep the flow lower while its wandering.
Pretty solid advice.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral-vault.com
Back