Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a quality clearviewlid for my fluval 13.5 but I am getting a lot of condensation problems.

I believe it is my Etsy 3dOcean media basket raising my water level too much. It could just be too much surface disruption though; I am still a beginner.

I can melt the media basket in one spot and it will lower the water level but first I am taking out the media basket to test.

Does this look like too much surface disruption or does my water level look uncomfortably high?

Top Shelf Aquatics

ilyad

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level does seem a little high. But with that in mind, as Biglew said, it all depends on what is causing the water buildup. If its splashing, then lowering the water level or reducing the flow may help. However, if its condensation, there isnt much you can do.

Also, keep in mind, if there is a significant temp difference between the tank and room temperature, the condensation can be higher. My net (with a boarder) gets a lots of condensation during the winter when the room temperature is lower than the tank, but I dont have that issue in the summer when they're almost the same temp.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back