+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions:
What is the best food to feed fish?
Best chemicals (that are needed)
Best Coral
Best Fish

I have a 44 gallon with a Radion G6 xr15 I am wondering what is best considering all the factors.

Top Shelf Aquatics

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that cannot be answered because you have to pick all those yourself and then reef it

it's too broad and subjective to be answered, if we changed it to vehicles it's like asking which car is the best, which color is best, what additives are needed to get the best horsepower, the opinions would never stop. you would pick from the options you have for corals, rocks and fish and additives and run them

another way to help is this: you look up a 44 gallon reef thread and copy all their stuff/saves you having to pick

the type of light you have doesn't matter, its among the acceptable reefing lights so it will grow corals easily.

JZ199

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot will come down to personal preference... do you want a peaceful tank, a predator tank, do you want all reef safe fish, do you want SPS, LPS, Softies. There are endless options, you can probably get 500 comments with 499 different answers lol

Aaron75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to get a ton of different answers here, I'd do some research and maybe refine your questions. All these things are most definitely opinion/experience based. Food, I use pellets and frozen. Pellets and frozen each provide dozens of different options. Just an example of how diverse this could get.

OP
OP
A

agREEFs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that cannot be answered because you have to pick all those yourself and then reef it

it's too broad and subjective to be answered, if we changed it to vehicles it's like asking which car is the best, which color is best, what additives are needed to get the best horsepower, the opinions would never stop. you would pick from the options you have for corals, rocks and fish and additives and run them

another way to help is this: you look up a 44 gallon reef thread and copy all their stuff/saves you having to pick

the type of light you have doesn't matter, its among the acceptable reefing lights so it will grow corals easily.
Okay, thank you!

Top Shelf Aquatics

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you really will like just doing a copy of one of the many 40 gallon setups, plus instead of combining guesses even after it's set up/reach out to them in chat and have 1 single person guide your setup, don't try and guess at the many different ways because reefers get their results/pictures they post a lot of times using intuition you can't really map out. once you connect with one person via chat your changes of replicating their results goes up drastically then in time you branch away from their method into your learned method.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
A

agREEFs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it a shot

Best food: Frozen
Best chemical: . . . Chemi Pure Blue???
Best coral: Elegance
Best fish: Niger Trigger (not reef safe)

Obviously just my opinion
I'll give it a shot

Best food: Frozen
Best chemical: . . . Chemi Pure Blue???
Best coral: Elegance
Best fish: Niger Trigger (not reef safe)

Obviously just my opinion haha
Thank you! Frozen food seems like a good one. Coral I will definitely check out. Fish is cool but I want to have a reef.

OP
OP
A

agREEFs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you really will like just doing a copy of one of the many 40 gallon setups, plus instead of combining guesses even after it's set up/reach out to them in chat and have 1 single person guide your setup, don't try and guess at the many different ways because reefers get their results/pictures they post a lot of times using intuition you can't really map out. once you connect with one person via chat your changes of replicating their results goes up drastically then in time you branch away from their method into your learned method.
Gotcha thank you!

OP
OP
A

agREEFs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AVAST
Back