Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a new Red Sea Reefer 350 and the tank is just now finished cycling. I have a large GSP that took over a 6-8 pound rock in my current system. I planned to move that whole rock to the new tank but I’m concerned that will cause water quality to drop since this rock has been in system for 3 years already and has the detritus inside to show for it, I’m sure.

Looking for your thoughts on if that’s a real concern or if it’s no different than buying a large colony on live rock at the LFS.

Woodyman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a new Red Sea Reefer 350 and the tank is just now finished cycling. I have a large GSP that took over a 6-8 pound rock in my current system. I planned to move that whole rock to the new tank but I’m concerned that will cause water quality to drop since this rock has been in system for 3 years already and has the detritus inside to show for it, I’m sure.

Looking for your thoughts on if that’s a real concern or if it’s no different than buying a large colony on live rock at the LFS.

If your worried rinse the rock in a fresh bucket of salt water using a powerhead to blow out as much as you can.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

WW123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your worried rinse the rock in a fresh bucket of salt water using a powerhead to blow out as much as you can.
Ha. See that’s why I came on this forum. Such. Simple and obvious solution that just didn’t occur to me. Thank you.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back