CO2 scrubbers: which is easiest to open and fill?

AI Hydra

Gretchacha

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a CO2 scrubber to connect to an airstone for my 30G skimmerless tank. However, I have some strength and dexterity issues with my hands. Which scrubber cartridge is easiest to open, fill, and close? I have seen three very different looking configurations on BRS, Two Little Fishies and Ice Cap.

itrymybest

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a CO2 scrubber to connect to an airstone for my 30G skimmerless tank. However, I have some strength and dexterity issues with my hands. Which scrubber cartridge is easiest to open, fill, and close? I have seen three very different looking configurations on BRS, Two Little Fishies and Ice Cap.
From my experience, the ice cap ones are the easiest as you just unscrew the screws on the top and pour out the media. As long as you are able to unscrew small things. Thankfully, they don't have to be super tight since the scrubber does not have water running through it.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, the ice cap ones are the easiest as you just unscrew the screws on the top and pour out the media. As long as you are able to unscrew small things. Thankfully, they don't have to be super tight since the scrubber does not have water running through it.
Thank you, I was leaning towards that one.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back