CO2 Scrubber - Water in recalculation tubes

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

I have a the standard BRS CO2 Scrubber. It works adequate for what i want (raises Ph). Recently, I've tried (unsuccessfully) to recirculate it.

1. Hose connecting from Skimmer Output to CO2 Scrubber Inputing
2. Hose connecting from CO2 Scrubber Output to Simmer Air Silencer

Issue: Water / vapor is collecting in the #1 tube (Skimmer -> CO2).
a. It then make a lot of noises as the skimmers trying to pull it through a curved hose
b. The amount of liquid is likely too much and exhuasting the media too fast

Are there suggestions on how to manage this better? Is there something i can set to stop pulling in the volume of liquid potentially? Or a trap?

Attaching image of how I connect the output to the skimmer head

skimmer output.jpg

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the same issue,
a small relief is loose poly fiber somewhere in the airstream (Even inside the hose)
… it will collect and concentrate condensate wherever you “strategically” place it

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a small collection bottle between my return line from the top of the skimmer to my scrubber. It works well in collecting moisture, also as a small safety net in the event that your skimmer fills up. You don't want water getting pulled through the CO2 media back into your tank...this would be very bad!
Picture1.png

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a small collection bottle between my return line from the top of the skimmer to my scrubber. It works well in collecting moisture, also as a small safety net in the event that your skimmer fills up. You don't want water getting pulled through the CO2 media back into your tank...this would be very bad!
Picture1.png
This is a great idea. I think this gives me the flexibility to keep it sealed and also insurance against getting too much water into it

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back