CO2 regulator

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I want to connect my new GLA co2 regulator to my co2 container ,but need some advice here : (excuse me for my english)

How much pressure should be at each clock ?

How am I regulating this pressure- is it only from the co2 container, or also by the regulator?

I have new GEO calcium reactor that is ready to go .
20241015_002607.jpg

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thing to understand is what the 2 gauges mean. The Right Gauge with the higher PSI numbers measures the pressure in your CO2 tank. I can't tell you what it should be. Instead, think of the right gauge as a measure of your remaining CO2 as the needle gets closer to 0 you are getting closer to empty. When the needle hits 0 you are all out of CO2 in your tank.

The left gauge is the pressure of the CO2 going out of the regulator. I generally want this to be as low as works. Higher pressures are more likely to bust a hose and put strain on parts. Normally 20-30 PSI is what I end up at. I have injected CO2 into a pressurized canister filter line. In this case the CO2 pressure needed to overcome the water pressure on the canister filter line so I had to go to 45 PSI or else nothing would come out. You can adjust the left gauge with the knob in the center of the regulator.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thing to understand is what the 2 gauges mean. The Right Gauge with the higher PSI numbers measures the pressure in your CO2 tank. I can't tell you what it should be. Instead, think of the right gauge as a measure of your remaining CO2 as the needle gets closer to 0 you are getting closer to empty. When the needle hits 0 you are all out of CO2 in your tank.

The left gauge is the pressure of the CO2 going out of the regulator. I generally want this to be as low as works. Higher pressures are more likely to bust a hose and put strain on parts. Normally 20-30 PSI is what I end up at. I have injected CO2 into a pressurized canister filter line. In this case the CO2 pressure needed to overcome the water pressure on the canister filter line so I had to go to 45 PSI or else nothing would come out. You can adjust the left gauge with the knob in the center of the regulator.
Thanks!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back