Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to let everybody know that the Club-Zoa Spotlights are not limited to just zoa/paly morphs. I would also like to expand the topics into some care techniques.

Here are some topics that we haven't covered yet that I thought may be a good topic.

Zoa Safe fish
Tank parameters (covered a lot, but may be worth getting a good range)
Frag techniques

Let me know if you have any other ideas. I am open to anything. Overall, I just need to find out what questions you people have. Feel free to post any question here or PM me.

Thanks,

Luciano

Nutramar Foods

Kigs!

zoa santa
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if that topic will be much to discuss about. :)
Add eggcrate.
Add frags.
Add an Angler. :D

I like the tank parameters and fragging ideas. But that article by Who Dah on fragging pretty much covers everything IMO. Also, a more detailed discussion about zoa diseases and preventing them from typical meltdowns or fungus infections would be cool.

If it was to be about zoa/palys... nuclear greens, armageddons, AOG, or some of the new morphs that has been showing up in the market recently.

FrozenSeas

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this but I would like to see a sticky about the care of zoos such as lighting, water flow and feeding. When I joined it was the first thing I looked for and it would save people like me that are new from bugging you guys with the same old questions.

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a lot of information out there on predators, eradication and fragging. I wouldn't mind seeing an article on raising colorful zoas....discussing parameters, lighting, suppliments that make the most difference, etc. I know that stuff has been discussed to the gills....but I don't know if there is a good summary article to reference anywhere.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, a more detailed discussion about zoa diseases and preventing them from typical meltdowns or fungus infections would be cool.

If it was to be about zoa/palys... nuclear greens, armageddons, AOG, or some of the new morphs that has been showing up in the market recently.

I'm not sure if you are asking for Spotlights on these, but Club-Zoa has gone over a lot of these you mentioned.

Nuclear Greens
http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1563
Armageddons
http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1015
AOG
http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342

Spotlight section:
http://club-zoa.com/modules.php?name=spotlight

Here is a roundup of topics people would like to see covered.

General care:
Lighting/Flow/Water Parameters/Feeding

Lighting Focus:
It would be cool if we could create a lighting guide that involved different setups. Color -vs- height -vs- lighting type.

Predator Guide:
I think this will be an important guide. The first one in the series will focus on what to look for when your zoas are unhappy. With pics of infested zoas and their enemies.

Then create a guide on how to deal with each type of predator with each getting their own spotlight. Nudis/Sundial/Asterinas/Spiders/Foraminiferan. I've seen most of these on a colony at a LFS so if I find some time I try and get over there to take some pics. It was amazing to see a display tank crawling with nudis/sundials/foraminiferan.

Nutramar Foods

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A LFS here in town has zoanthids just crawling with nudis....I mean there are so many that they are out during the photo period....

That's AWFUL!!! Has anyone told the owner how to get rid of them??? You would think he would, if they are eating his inventory!!!

I like the zoa safe fish idea- just so there could be a link to refer folks to when we needed it for them to read.

:D
Laurie

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back