Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot woot, after much nagging the Rev has agreed to allow us 'Cubes' to have our own forum.

He must have agreed that we face different and sometime more unique challenges as reefers. And that we need a home of our own to discus these obstacles and successes.

So say it loud and say proud...........who you are, what your working with, and maybe a problem your currently facing, and future goals for your tank.

I'm Rob from Michigan, and I have a 60 cube tank.

Right now my biggest challenges are my byropsis and finding the right flow and flow pattern with my VT mp20 and a return QO4000.

I have hopes of keeping 5-7 wrasse of various types, a Chevron tang, a yellow head Jawfish, and a pair of Percula Clowns. I have plans for a varied mix reef of all types of corals including clams.
My favorite coral is the Florida Ricordea!

Holla!!!:tongue:

Avast

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank as Rob it has been up for about 1 1/2 years and finally coming into it's own. It is starting toget to be the best tank I have had yet. I always loved cubes and wanted one for a long time. The nice thing about it is I get more water volume but take up less space in the living room. I think cubes of this size it is difficult toget the proper flow for everything. It really all depends on the style and how the rock work is done. I have done kind of rock wall with over hangs that creates multiple leveerls to add corals and has really situated flow for most of the corals....I still find it hard as it fills up with corals for space for everything I want.... I will post a pic or 2 later.

cbau45

I like to reef!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Azurel on this one. I have a 60cube and soon a 150cube and the common challenge I find is the flow. I'm a huge fan of the cube style tanks though. They make it easy to create a look with a lot of depth IMO.

-Craig

Nutramar Foods

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ELOS Mini (which is a cube).

My biggest challenge is I'm not home enough (work/travel), and I want to view the darn tank more often!

It will soon house enough coral to virtually hide all visable rock when polyps are open (which is generally 20-23 hours a day) - all my coral is non-photosynthetic. I have plans of adding a couple more fish, currently I only have a Serranocirrhitus latus (Sunburst Anthias). I've had a QT up for nearly 6 months now awaiting new fish additions -just need the time to be around when I first bring them in!

Cubes, or cube-esque tanks are my favorite :tongue: I recently downgraded to this tank from a cube-esque 48"L x 36"W x 24.5"H rimless AGE due to work travel. Threads on this tank and previous tank somewhere in the Memebers Tank Forum.

I also live in the same state as ReeferRob, cbau45 and Azurel... Go Blue!!!

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea Rob! I feel like a minority here with all you Michigan guys though. ;)
I used to have a 48x48x25 Envision cube and recently sold it and downsized to a Perfecto 30x30x24.
Maybe we can get our build threads moved over to the new forum Rob?
Hey Kraylen this was my last cube, 48x48x25 Envision. :)
IMG_0559.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

aerius007

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea Rob! I feel like a minority here with all you Michigan guys though. ;)
I used to have a 48x48x25 Envision cube and recently sold it and downsized to a Perfecto 30x30x24.
Maybe we can get our build threads moved over to the new forum Rob?
Hey Kraylen this was my last cube, 48x48x25 Envision. :)

Is the bottom of that tank painted? I like it!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rik,
Your tank would be in this club. :)

Is the bottom of that tank painted? I like it!
It was a BB tank. I left the acrylic paper on the bottom since it was white. Everything looked like it floated until the bottom was covered in coraline.

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back