Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had issue with their Clownfish trying to eat snails? I've had a pair (Gladiator & a Black/White) for 5 months and they haven't bothered anything in the tank even if tankmates swim over to their corner they are hosting. In mid January I got 5 Nassarius and 5 Nerite snails along with 2 Engineer Gobies, Conch, and a Royal Gramma (I also have a Watchman Goby). Since then, I've caught the Clowns pecking at the snails when they are on the back wall over near where the Clowns live. In the past week, twice I've found them both successfully knocking the snail off the wall and then trying to eat it as it's flipped over exposed (but retracted inside) on the sand. I've managed to rescue the snails moving them away from the corner and the Clowns don't bother them away from their home. Each time the snails have recovered after a day and moved away.

The Clowns are well fed and always eat a ton. Is it normal for them to try to kill snails?? They still don't bother even the tiny Royal Gramma who swims over to their corner once in a while. They don't even try to bite me if I stick my hand in near them. I'm gonna be irritated if they manage to kill the snails! :grinning-face-with-sweat:

World Wide Corals
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back