Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most people, the first fish they ever get are clown fish. I am wondering what has been your personal experience with clown fish. Do you still have some in your tank, did you have some at one point and got rid of them, or are you just not a fan at all of clownfish. Curious to know what everyone has to say!!

Nutramar Foods

Schulks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish were my first fish. Over the last year i have lost about 4 other fish but these 2 are tougher than I am dumb. Lol
They are also my favorite. They have so much personality and are always swimming around doing something. I extra love how they'll follow me around the tank begging for food all day.
I have a new second nano tank and I can't think of another fish that will be as active and fun to watch as clowns but they are still only about 2 inches so waiting for them to become ******s like everyone says they do:(

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're known to bite, they can be very protective about certain corals/anemones (see biting) and it's rare to see them co-exist beyond a single pair (pairing can also be a hit and miss proposition).

Beyond that, if you do end up with a happy pair that doesn't bite - they're generally a joy to have in your tank (except to other clownfish).

fodsod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair in my big tank. They're just standard "Nemo" looking clowns. I like them. Seeing two fish that came from different places pair up is pretty cool. I'd guess mine were probably bred in captivity because they are clueless when it comes to hosting in my bubble tip anemone. lol.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair in my big tank. They're just standard "Nemo" looking clowns. I like them. Seeing two fish that came from different places pair up is pretty cool. I'd guess mine were probably bred in captivity because they are clueless when it comes to hosting in my bubble tip anemone. lol.
It is pretty neat how they match up with each other even though they come from different places!!!

Nutramar Foods

fodsod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is pretty neat how they match up with each other even though they come from different places!!!
It's fascinating to me the way that works. I have 2 sand sifting Watchmen Gobies that came from 2 different places that I added to my tank at the same time and they also paired up immediately. They are inseparable now. It's kind of cool having 2 different types of fish in the same tank and both are matched pairs. Reason 100,000,000 the reefing lifestyle/hobby is so cool.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back