Clownfish won’t stop attacking / killing fish

zach_jb69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maroon keeps attacking and killing new fish. I had a six line that he left alone for weeks until the other day. Dead. So I got another bengaii cardinal so I’d have a nice pair. nope! Killed new one woke up it was in my shrimps pincers. Now keep in mind my og cardinal fish was never being attacked until it killed the new bengaii. HOW DO U STOP THIS SHIIZ.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns are especially aggressive and very territorial, I suggest either giving it back to the LFS or moving him to a new tank if possible and add him back after a few with the other fish so they have their territory’s set, this still might not work because again maroon clowns are ******s!

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a tiny one as thought cute. Oops.
they are quite cute! I would love to have a maroon pair only nem tank, though ive heard the hand bites hurt...

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maroon keeps attacking and killing new fish. I had a six line that he left alone for weeks until the other day. Dead. So I got another bengaii cardinal so I’d have a nice pair. nope! Killed new one woke up it was in my shrimps pincers. Now keep in mind my og cardinal fish was never being attacked until it killed the new bengaii. HOW DO U STOP THIS SHIIZ.
Rehome… once they go nuts they go nuts! My maroon pair are the smallest fish in my tank for a reason lol. They are both very well behaved. For the most part, my 8-9 inch hippo tang decided to invade their space so they attacked him. Shows you how mean those boogers can get!

OP
OP
zach_jb69

zach_jb69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In under 2 decades of reefing by far the worst and most evil fish I ever owned. New fish only a few minutes of life in my tank.
Rehome… once they go nuts they go nuts! My maroon pair are the smallest fish in my tank for a reason lol. They are both very well behaved. For the most part, my 8-9 inch hippo tang decided to invade their space so they attacked him. Shows you how mean those boogers can get!
image.jpg

New clown! Anyone know what kind it is

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like a platinum to me

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the way of the maroon.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are quite cute! I would love to have a maroon pair only nem tank, though ive heard the hand bites hurt...
It sure does. They know the weakness of the hand. The webbing between fingers but they prefer the webbing between thumb and forefinger

SueAubu

There's always room on the sand!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of it. Maroon clowns are vicious
Yup. I got a tank just for the ****hole fish, like clowns and Damsels... But most pet stores have a "rescue" program where they will foster them until someone takes them home for a donation to their charity. (How I got my clowns and a gorgeous rock beauty!)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back