Clownfish whitespot

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So currently in my tank i have 2 Clowns, Orange Shoulder Tang, Blue Tang, Flame Angel and an Epaulette Shark
1729385972947.png

These are the water parameters and yes I know Alk was low but has been increased.

So basically out of all the fish I have currently the 2 clowns have white spot the larger one being worse then the smaller. They have both eaten really well until this morning where i found my larger clown up to the surface doesn't look to be breathing heavy like most do when up high in the corner but doesn't look as good as yesterday the smaller clown is swimming everywhere still and eating well, the larger clown ate small pieces of food today which i have been mixing the frozen food with more garlic to boost the immune system.
And i have also raised the temp a little as that was required to try have the best chance of full recovery and along with that the last thing i added an immune system booster to try help them as much as possible.

Just for the experienced in the hobby and with all the help im doing surely there's a way they can make a recovery i hope?
Thanks for any feedback

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So currently in my tank i have 2 Clowns, Orange Shoulder Tang, Blue Tang, Flame Angel and an Epaulette Shark
1729385972947.png

These are the water parameters and yes I know Alk was low but has been increased.

So basically out of all the fish I have currently the 2 clowns have white spot the larger one being worse then the smaller. They have both eaten really well until this morning where i found my larger clown up to the surface doesn't look to be breathing heavy like most do when up high in the corner but doesn't look as good as yesterday the smaller clown is swimming everywhere still and eating well, the larger clown ate small pieces of food today which i have been mixing the frozen food with more garlic to boost the immune system.
And i have also raised the temp a little as that was required to try have the best chance of full recovery and along with that the last thing i added an immune system booster to try help them as much as possible.

Just for the experienced in the hobby and with all the help im doing surely there's a way they can make a recovery i hope?
Thanks for any feedback

I never did trust spintest results which are a version of API tests.
As for fish, it will be impossible to suggest anything without pics or video of fish to see what you are describing. Do this under white light intensity - Not blue

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reef_Tanks

Reef_Tanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't under white light but on this pic you can clearly see the whitespot.
Like i said though I've been using all this immune boosting stuff and feeding more to try get them through it and also raised the temp.
The immune system booster is called Voogle just to say

clown 1.jpg clown 2.jpg

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't under white light but on this pic you can clearly see the whitespot.
Like i said though I've been using all this immune boosting stuff and feeding more to try get them through it and also raised the temp.
The immune system booster is called Voogle just to say

clown 1.jpg clown 2.jpg
Your pH is a little low, does it change much morning to night? Does the tank have good aeration (not just circulation)?

The clownfish does have ich, but the number of trophonts doesn’t seem high enough to be causing severe symptoms - yet.

The epaulette shark (and any invertebrates) means you can’t use coppersafe or hyposalinity.

Can you post a video of the clown?

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back