+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have had all my fish for about 3 months now with no signs of aggression whatsoever. I have 2 clownfish (paired up), a Blue Tang, A Coral Beauty Angel and A Foxface Rabbitfish. I just noticed this morning that my foxface is incredibly stressed out as it is being relentlessly nipped at and chased by the larger of my 2 Clowns. The foxface is still almost twice the size of the clown and is trying to defend itself with its spines, but the clown is persistent. Why is this happening and what should I do? I am planning on isolating the aggressive clown for a timeperiod but I really dont know what else to do. Both fish are extremely well fed, have ample room to hide and swim (a 45 Gallon) and have been getting along for months!! HELP!
TIA

Avast

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have had all my fish for about 3 months now with no signs of aggression whatsoever. I have 2 clownfish (paired up), a Blue Tang, A Coral Beauty Angel and A Foxface Rabbitfish. I just noticed this morning that my foxface is incredibly stressed out as it is being relentlessly nipped at and chased by the larger of my 2 Clowns. The foxface is still almost twice the size of the clown and is trying to defend itself with its spines, but the clown is persistent. Why is this happening and what should I do? I am planning on isolating the aggressive clown for a timeperiod but I really dont know what else to do. Both fish are extremely well fed, have ample room to hide and swim (a 45 Gallon) and have been getting along for months!! HELP!
TIA
Problem is the tank is too small for that combination of fish.

You may have big problems in 6 months time.

You could try taking the female clown out for a couple of days - maybe into a QT tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back