Clownfish spots

amrfr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were 2 clowns I added to a new tank 3 weeks ago. One died after 2 weeks. I saw it flashing couple time, then stopped eating, was hiding and rapid breathing (it happened fast). The second clown is behaving active and eating well but I noticed some spots. There are two other fish I added a week ago (dottyback and firefish). Both seems normal to me as of now.

IMG_3556.PNG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There were 2 clowns I added to a new tank 3 weeks ago. One died after 2 weeks. I saw it flashing couple time, then stopped eating, was hiding and rapid breathing (it happened fast). The second clown is behaving active and eating well but I noticed some spots. There are two other fish I added a week ago (dottyback and firefish). Both seems normal to me as of now.

IMG_3556.PNG
Your other post was answered. Please refrain from cross posting as it takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their concerns. Likely mucus cones but need a video under same lighting

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

amrfr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your other post was answered. Please refrain from cross posting as it takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their concerns. Likely mucus cones but need a video under same lighting
Sorry about cross posting. I am new to the forum and did not notice that my first post was waiting for approval so posted a second one.

Here is a video. There is also a stringy thing (poop?) that I just noticed as well. It is visible on the video:

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Sorry about cross posting. I am new to the forum and did not notice that my first post was waiting for approval so posted a second one.

Here is a video. There is also a stringy thing (poop?) that I just noticed as well. It is visible on the video:

There's a lot of shimmer in the video but as for stringy feces, If you are feeding fish both mysis shrimp and/or brine shrimp, it creates mucus in the stomach lining often mimicking internal issue. Add to diet tdo pellets, LRS fish frenzy and plankton and you will see change in color and consistency as well as added nutrition for the fish

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal Here is another video without shimmer. Is this video better to see?

That's marine ich on the clownfish. All fish exposed are going to need to be treated. The two best treatments are coppersafe or hyposalinity. However, neither of those can be done in a tank with invertebrates in it and copper cannot be done in a tank with a lot of calcium rock, because that absorbs the copper.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back