Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I just bought a black storm clownfish today from my LFS. I noticed some black spots on him that seem unusual and was wondering if there something I should get a head start on. I live in military dorms so I’m not allowed to have more than two tanks or else I’d have a quarantine setup . I have gsp snails crabs feather dusters and a dragonet in the tank with him as well . If someone could help me ID that would be great. I’ve seen people say melonization, black ich, and possible just coloring cheers !

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I just bought a black storm clownfish today from my LFS. I noticed some black spots on him that seem unusual and was wondering if there something I should get a head start on. I live in military dorms so I’m not allowed to have more than two tanks or else I’d have a quarantine setup . I have gsp snails crabs feather dusters and a dragonet in the tank with him as well . If someone could help me ID that would be great. I’ve seen people say melonization, black ich, and possible just coloring cheers !

9F6056EF-FF2A-43AC-93AF-E94A7B963AE6.jpeg 44F68FC2-1FA0-4CF2-8D2C-A999141A8646.jpeg

World Wide Corals

js_marra

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to see, but that could be a nip from another fish or a sting from it trying to rub against a coral. My clowns show spots like that from coral stings or when they fight

BRS
OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to see, but that could be a nip from another fish or a sting from it trying to rub against a coral. My clowns show spots like that from coral stings or when they fight
I haven’t seen him run against the gsp and the other clown leaves him alone and looking back on pictures from when I first added him earlier today he had that coming in

OP
OP
KameronManning

KameronManning

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like rogue pigmentation. Do you have a picture of it previously.
I tried to do some digging and found this . The spots on this snow storm clown from ORA website is leaning me more towards your answer of just pigmentation . Just thought I should share this with you. Thanks for helping out . I’ll keep you updated!

3EF74DF2-4414-4ED3-8C2C-C34E28C6DDEA.png

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Pacific East
Back