Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a clownfish for about 3 years it had a mate and then i got another clownfish and they bonded well no fighting at all . I currently lost this clownfish and now have a female I noticed a change in personality since it’s a lot more shyer it used to come up to the glass during feeding but is more shy. What can I do? Should I get another clownfish?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not even be a mate thing. I noticed that with some fish if you remove another fish other fish will hide. For instance when I worked in a fish store I had a foxface that every time I sold a fish in its tank it would go to its stress camo colors and hide for like a week.

Anyways I think fish know the community they are in and when they lose a fish that is a part of that they may feel threatened.

You could add another clown but there is a chance that they will not pair and the female will kill it. Its happened to me and a friend of mine but most times they get along fine

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had to separate my breeding pair due to aggression. You can see the “ i miss her behavior “ but he’s lucky I let him remain. I gave him a bubble tip which he’s taken on to

Thadunc

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get her a tiny mate. I've seen it first hand. The big girls choose very small mates. I'm going to assume it's her way of maintaining dominance (survival) in the wild.
So i recently lost my smaller clownfish (He jumped) that was bonded with the bigger female. They are snowflakes, does it matter if the next clownfish is a different type. Such as a cheap regular one?

Nutramar Foods

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i recently lost my smaller clownfish (He jumped) that was bonded with the bigger female. They are snowflakes, does it matter if the next clownfish is a different type. Such as a cheap regular one?
It just depends on your female. I'd try it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back