Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please help me out I would like too get an anemone for my clownfish too host in but also have two mandarin dragonettes and heard that anemones will kill other fish? wanted a torch coral also but read that they will host that if there is no anemone present and will kill it by rubbing on it's skeleton is that true?

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please help me out I would like too get an anemone for my clownfish too host in but also have two mandarin dragonettes and heard that anemones will kill other fish? wanted a torch coral also but read that they will host that if there is no anemone present and will kill it by rubbing on it's skeleton is that true?
never heard of that, with the exception of carpet anemones. I'm also getting an anemone, a rainbow bta to be more exact. bta's have the weakest sting of the anemones, so unless you're getting a carpet anemone, I wouldn't worry. of course, don't take everything I say. I still have yet to have experience with anemones.

Upvote 1

The_Paradox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of clowns? I have lost fish to anemones but it’s pretty rare. Mandarins are known to drift into anemones but I have had one in my tank with several bubble tips for over 5 years now.
As for the coral hosting it depends on type of clowns again. In general no coral is happy hosting clownfish.

Upvote 0

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of clowns? I have lost fish to anemones but it’s pretty rare. Mandarins are known to drift into anemones but I have one in my tank with several bubble tips for over 5 years now.
As for the coral hosting it depends on type of clowns again. In general no coral is happy hosting clownfish.
My clowns tick off my hammer and eventually moved away from it. toadstool coral can and will accept clowns though. They don't get that angry at them and make pretty good candidates for clowns.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Clown93

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of clowns? I have lost fish to anemones but it’s pretty rare. Mandarins are known to drift into anemones but I have had one in my tank with several bubble tips for over 5 years now.
They are snowflake clownfish ok thanks alot yeah I've heard that most corals get irritated if clowns host them but kind of nervous about trying an anemone just don't want my dragonettes getting hurt or killed but if your saying it's rare might try it out

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back