Clownfish died from unknown causes?

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Pumpkin, my clownfish just died this morning. He wasn’t acting lethargic for a whole week. Just since yesterday. He was also spinning or doing backflip when trying to swim away. My other clown seems fine. Except that she stays at one spot with hair algae. It went so quickly that I’m not sure that I would have been able to prevent his death or cure him. I’ve done a water change today because I really needed to do one. The weirdest part was that my female was acting completely normal yesterday. Now, she’s in a single spot upside down. Just hanging there and moving sometimes as if hosting hair algae. I’ll monitor her very close though.

Does anyone know what could my clown fish have died from? Symptoms only showed up one day before dying. I’ve been feeding them pellets since I don’t have frozen food anymore. I’m so scared for Halloween (clownfish) as she is the last fish standing in my tank now.

I haven’t introduced anything new to the tank at all. I now have to wait a bit before introducing a new smaller clown as my black clown has become female.

IMG_1414.jpeg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for your loss :( can you provide details about your tank size and age, as well as water parameters?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please provide additional photos and a video?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi,

Pumpkin, my clownfish just died this morning. He wasn’t acting lethargic for a whole week. Just since yesterday. He was also spinning or doing backflip when trying to swim away. My other clown seems fine. Except that she stays at one spot with hair algae. It went so quickly that I’m not sure that I would have been able to prevent his death or cure him. I’ve done a water change today because I really needed to do one. The weirdest part was that my female was acting completely normal yesterday. Now, she’s in a single spot upside down. Just hanging there and moving sometimes as if hosting hair algae. I’ll monitor her very close though.

Does anyone know what could my clown fish have died from? Symptoms only showed up one day before dying. I’ve been feeding them pellets since I don’t have frozen food anymore. I’m so scared for Halloween (clownfish) as she is the last fish standing in my tank now.

I haven’t introduced anything new to the tank at all. I now have to wait a bit before introducing a new smaller clown as my black clown has become female.

IMG_1414.jpeg
Two things I see here that are likely contributors are Fin damage suggesting aggression from a tankmate, likely another clown and fish is somewhat thin which suggest other fish ate food first, or internal issue.

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things I see here that are likely contributors are Fin damage suggesting aggression from a tankmate, likely another clown and fish is somewhat thin which suggest other fish ate food first, or internal issue.
Thanks. I only had a clownfish with him. I probably won’t add another clownfish after Pumpkin. Yeah, he’s been eating but not much.

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please provide additional photos and a video?
This is the only photo that I have and videos won’t load on this site. I was checking water temps as I was very worried about it and thought this was the issue. I will get a backup heater as the one that I have didn’t turn on when it felt like water you wouldn’t swim in.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

IMG_1414.jpeg

Sorry to hear, but you need to go into "damage control" mode now, in order to try and save the other clownfish. Is the remaining clown breathing fast? We need more background information though - this post explains that:

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear, but you need to go into "damage control" mode now, in order to try and save the other clownfish. Is the remaining clown breathing fast? We need more background information though - this post explains that:
Thanks! My other clown doesn’t seem to be breathing fast and try to host hair algae. I’ll keep a close eye on her now.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back