Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had clowns in my tank for about 8 days now. I got two clowns they were doing find for the first two days in the tank. Then on the third day we notices he had been swimming in to my torch coral. Then the next day he was swimming side ways. He continued to swim like that until today when he died. I have had coral in the tank for 4 months. They have been doing well. I have the other clown and he is just swimming at the top of the tank. I feed frozen food 2 times a day. I do a water change of 25% every 2 weeks. So when i saw his swimming at the top of the tank i thought that it was a lack of oxygen. So i added an airline running oxygen into the return chamber where the pumps are. The whole tank hade bubbles and he was fine then today the same day that i found the other one dead he is gasping for air. I now have two airlines running into the display. And he is still gasping for air. salinity 1.025 Amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ph 8.2 temp 77f-78f.

Nutramar Foods

yourmom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry, I don’t have advice for you but I wanted to offer my condolences. I lost a clown Sunday morning (female beat him up beyond saving) and I’m still sad. I hope you get answers.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the corals are fine, but the fish are gasping and dying, it is almost always a gill disease. If you want, go to the fish disease section, and read the second sticky post at the top. It describes the information we need to try and figure the issue out for you....you can post your answers there.
Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
gaving

gaving

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry, I don’t have advice for you but I wanted to offer my condolences. I lost a clown Sunday morning (female beat him up beyond saving) and I’m still sad. I hope you get answers.
sorry for your clown. hopefully i will find out what is wrong and hopefully your female clown will do well.

OP
OP
gaving

gaving

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the corals are fine, but the fish are gasping and dying, it is almost always a gill disease. If you want, go to the fish disease section, and read the second sticky post at the top. It describes the information we need to try and figure the issue out for you....you can post your answers there.
Jay
I will go check that out since i have no clue what else it could be at this point.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
gaving

gaving

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swimming sideways indicates an internal bladder issue caused from everything from too quick of an acclimation when added to tank...to....a disease the fish developed
That is what i was thinking but i remembered him touching the torch so i thought that maybe he got stung. He was not always sideways he would go back to normal and then he would go back to being sideways.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 7 months old. I started with two clowns when the cycle finished i drip aclamated them and the same thing happened that is happaning to these fish.Then around 2 months after the cycle i added 2 frags of coral.

Have you dosed anything lately?
Anything that would deplete O2?

Nutramar Foods

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything you can do to help the fish of is he a goner.

I'll defer to an expert, and suggest you do the bolded.

Jay

AS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Swimming sideways indicates an internal bladder issue caused from everything from too quick of an acclimation when added to tank...to....a disease the fish developed
Not always- can be a sting from coral/anemone, shock or trauma such as colliding into glass but bladder is another

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back