View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clownsuckinpolyps2.jpg
bothclownslovingduncan.jpg

So this has been going on for about 2 weeks. At first the duncan closed up completly now it is partially opening allowing the clown to hang out without ducking back into its hideaway. THe female clown sucks its tenacles , puts its face in a whole head then lays on it for a few seconds then swims back to corner. THe male follows her over about 1 out of every 4 times. THen duncan seems to be getting more receptive. Its almost like the clown knows if it just lays there all the time it will kill it so it is getting the ducan use to it and the duncan seems to be getting cool with it. When the male comes over she almost immediatly bales like she knows both of em are gonna smash the duncan.

Just gonna let this play out and see if the duncan will let this happen or it will die. Anybody else have experience with this ? Did your duncan seem po'd when the clown started with this?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 3170154View attachment 3170155View attachment 3170153
View attachment 3170152

So this has been going on for about 2 weeks. At first the duncan closed up completly now it is partially opening allowing the clown to hang out without ducking back into its hideaway. THe female clown sucks its tenacles , puts its face in a whole head then lays on it for a few seconds then swims back to corner. THe male follows her over about 1 out of every 4 times. THen duncan seems to be getting more receptive. Its almost like the clown knows if it just lays there all the time it will kill it so it is getting the ducan use to it and the duncan seems to be getting cool with it. When the male comes over she almost immediatly bales like she knows both of em are gonna smash the duncan.

Just gonna let this play out and see if the duncan will let this happen or it will die. Anybody else have experience with this ? Did your duncan seem po'd when the clown started with this?
I experienced the same thing.

My female would suck on the tenticles too.

I actually removed and sold the duncan colony cause it caused hypermelinization on the clownfish (black spots).

But neither the clowns nor the duncan really cared and continued onward and upward lol.

OP
OP
Seansea

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked up hypermelinizati9n cause i had never heard of this. Didnt thinknduncand had the sting capability for this. Did it go away after you removed duncan? I have not seen anybsigns of this on my clowns but ill will keep eye out for it. The duncan doesnt seem overly happy but is coming around to them more and more each day.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back