Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 72 gallon clownfish harem with 18 clowns. I am planning to purchase all 18 from the same clutch, plenty of Bta anemones, and feeding 4 times a day using an auto feeder to reduce aggression. I have a few questions though.

The first is on flow. What type of flow pump would you use? I’m trying to decide between a gyre and a puck. Which brand?

The second question is on cuc. I am running a protein skimmer rated for more than double my tank size. Along with a refugium, Carbon and gfo. Would this be overkill or too little?
2x sand sifting gobys (not sure if im)
5x astrea snails
5x nassarius snails
5x trochus snails
3x red leg hermits
3x blue leg hermits
1x tuxedo urchin
2x cleaner shrimp

The third question is on anemones. Should I place the clowns In the tank before or after I stock anemone? Does anyone have any suggestions on types of food your bta anemones prefer?

The forth is on clown food. What type of food would you recommend? Any suggestions on good auto feeders?

The fifth question is on tankmates, do you think I could any? I was thinking about a flame angel.

Any other suggestions and tips for success would be greatly appreciated.

AquaCave Logo Banner

MFear

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going down the same path as I'll be converting my Red Sea E260 into a harem tank in the Fall. From my understanding (which is still in development) the majority of the bioload capacity in a tank the size of yours (and mine) will be eaten up by the clowns...so my plan is to only stock cleanup crew and MAYBE a sand sifting goby...What did you end up going with? And where did you get your clutch from?

Also, after watching the BRS series, I understand they're advice and technique was to use clowns from the same clutch. I'm having trouble making up my mind which kind of Clown to go with...does anyone have experience with mixing different types of clowns in even numbers?

OP
OP
A

AJ192

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going down the same path as I'll be converting my Red Sea E260 into a harem tank in the Fall. From my understanding (which is still in development) the majority of the bioload capacity in a tank the size of yours (and mine) will be eaten up by the clowns...so my plan is to only stock cleanup crew and MAYBE a sand sifting goby...What did you end up going with? And where did you get your clutch from?

Also, after watching the BRS series, I understand they're advice and technique was to use clowns from the same clutch. I'm having trouble making up my mind which kind of Clown to go with...does anyone have experience with mixing different types of clowns in even numbers?

I am still waiting for my tank to arrive, so I am still searching for a place to get my clowns. I decided to increase my tank size to a 150 so I can double the amount of clowns allowing me to disperse more aggression. I am looking into sustainable aquatics now, but I’ll let you know.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back