Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost one of my clowns, jumped out of my tank (small gap in cover fixed now to late,,). My local store said put in a small clown should be fine I did and got battered by the other clown and died. Is there any other way to introduce another clown fish

Nutramar Foods

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost one of my clowns, jumped out of my tank (small gap in cover fixed now to late,,). My local store said put in a small clown should be fine I did and got battered by the other clown and died. Is there any other way to introduce another clown fish
What kind of clown fish do you have?

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your location, I'd take your remaining clown out of the tank and head in to either Kraken or Abyss and trade her in for a mated pair of clowns of your liking! :)

Decent LFS's would take her off your hands no bother and help you out that way- it's always hard to introduce a new male in to the tank..

Corals.com

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your location, I'd take your remaining clown out of the tank and head in to either Kraken or Abyss and trade her in for a mated pair of clowns of your liking! :)

Decent LFS's would take her off your hands no bother and help you out that way- it's always hard to introduce a new male in to the tank..
Get a smaller male and use an acclimation box and watch behavior. Female should be curious not ticked at another clown being there. Currently in the process of trying to pair a small maroon male with my larger female!

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a smaller male and use an acclimation box and watch behavior. Female should be curious not ticked at another clown being there. Currently in the process of trying to pair a small maroon male with my larger female!
Might work, might not... I have no good experiences to share; quite a few bad I'll tell you that - in particular with the maroons! If you make it work, good job! :) I'll be happy to take some tips from you in this regard ;)

I do stand by my 'change-in' advice though; in my humble opinion it's a safer choice for the fish, the reefer and the wallet! Less variables you know..

OT: Do you have any experience introducing a mated pair in to a tank that already has a mated pair?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back