Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with cling/skillet fish?

I saw Biota is now breeding them successfully and their listing states they can potentially be acclimated to food or human interaction - any thoughts or info on these?

Google images adults looks pretty interesting with their low profile body shape. Curious about how large they get / if they will actually eat other small fish etc

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my black caribean clingfish for more than 2 years now, he just clings to the glass all day, kind of like a sucker fish. It keeps to itself and doesn't bother anything. I like it, its unique and different than other fish, and it swims in a funny way. Mine is close to 3", I don't believe they get much bigger. The black one is peaceful, but I've heard that other types may eat smaller fish.

Flatearth

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS gets these in every Jan/feb/march ,but don't see them any other time for whatever reason, so I guess this is a fish with a strict season? The clingfish I am referring to is called a "black clingfish" and I have never seen any other species in person. Seen dozens of them over the years, none were over 3 inches.

Anyway at the LFS they are peaceful, but need to be target fed according to the staff. They spend a lot of time on the glass, and have a front facing mouth so they probably eat micro-organisms on rocks in the wild is my guess. Even when being chased with a net these fish are not fast, so I can't imagine them actually catching anything.

The black clingfish looks like a lot like a toadfish to me, but the other species I see online seem more goby like although I have never seen them in person. Apparently they are in their own family.

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AF
Back