+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I really wonder if other people have had the same experience than mine but am afraid that my cleaner shrimp has to be taken out asap from the tank.
Constantly going to the stylophora and really irritating it constantly. I guess that it tries to eat the polyps. It's a pattern which comes back frequently and am afraid that it will kill the coral if I let it go. I really do not understand because I feed heavily so the shrimp should have enough to eat.
Any idea what's going on?
Any similar experience?
Thanks for getting back!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I really wonder if other people have had the same experience than mine but am afraid that my cleaner shrimp has to be taken out asap from the tank.
Constantly going to the stylophora and really irritating it constantly. I guess that it tries to eat the polyps. It's a pattern which comes back frequently and am afraid that it will kill the coral if I let it go. I really do not understand because I feed heavily so the shrimp should have enough to eat.
Any idea what's going on?
Any similar experience?
Thanks for getting back!
its not eating the coral itself I think. But I believe that it is probably stealing food from or eating the coral's mucus. Best to sump or exchange imo

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back