Cleaner shrimp issues

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a cleaner shrimp to my 52l nano tank and while he’s a great little character he’s constantly picking at my corals and also trying to get at the snails.

I spot feed him with some sinking pellets every day and he also get some of the frozen food/smaller pellet food that the two clown fish get.

Is my tank maybe just too small for him?. Is he not getting enough food?. Today he was trying to pry a turban snail off the glass.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter what size tank you have, Cleaner shrimp are a nuisance. Constantly annoying corals, anemones, and other inverts. The only one I have left lives in my sump with an evil clown fish.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
^ this.

they’re annoyingly opportunistic….

which is the worst thing
for corals that need to eat meaty foods.

(keep em in their own displays, or better yet on the dinner table)

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a cleaner shrimp to my 52l nano tank and while he’s a great little character he’s constantly picking at my corals and also trying to get at the snails.

I spot feed him with some sinking pellets every day and he also get some of the frozen food/smaller pellet food that the two clown fish get.

Is my tank maybe just too small for him?. Is he not getting enough food?. Today he was trying to pry a turban snail off the glass.
Which type did you add? I have two of the skunk cleaners and have had zero problems …. yet

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which type did you add? I have two of the skunk cleaners and have had zero problems …. yet
I think in the uk these are just called cleaner shrimp but are called skunk cleaner shrimps elsewhere

IMG_1928.jpeg

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter what size tank you have, Cleaner shrimp are a nuisance. Constantly annoying corals, anemones, and other inverts. The only one I have left lives in my sump with an evil clown fish.
I put in a new toadstool leather yesterday so of course today it’s been slowly adjusting. Every time it started to open its polyps the blooming shrimp would jump on it like a climbing frame so it closed back up.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new but from what I've been reading, skunks are way better than the other types like peppermint or something like that.
YEs, from what I know of them, skunks are the better to have. They really do not bother anything in my tank. I have several anemones, LPS, soft corals, fish, and everyone is happy.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back