Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently got a cleaner shrimp and now whenever i have my hand in the tank (which is not very often). The shrimp follows it and when I let it the shrimp cleans and picks under my fingernails and crawls up my arm. Does anybody know what its actually eating or doing. I am aware they eat parasites on fish but what is this?

World Wide Corals

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have recently got a cleaner shrimp and now whenever i have my hand in the tank (which is not very often). The shrimp follows it and when I let it the shrimp cleans and picks under my fingernails and crawls up my arm. Does anybody know what its actually eating or doing. I am aware they eat parasites on fish but what is this?
Cleaning dead skin, like they would scales on a fish I believe. Just looking for things to pick off even if they don't find it. Mine does this all of the time.

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning dead skin, like they would scales on a fish I believe. Just looking for things to pick off even if they don't find it. Mine does this all of the time.
It's one of the fun things to do with your tank IMO! Tried to get my wife to do it, free manicure but she wouldn't. Save me $75 ....

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back