Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp, astreas snails, turbo/trochus snails, nassarius snails, cerith snails, fighting conch, and some dwarf hermit crabs would be a good mix
Do you know where is usually the best place to purchase them? A local fish store? A website?

OP
OP
C

chrissymoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes quarentine! Ich and velvet encrusted stage can live on their shells. I do 45 days, I just have a 20 long I keep running with no fish.
Do you use the 20 long for fish quarantine as well? What chemicals do I treat them with? Also, how did you set up the quarantine tank?

sorry! I’m super new to this… we got a 2 year old established tank and I haven’t added anything to it yet aside from the fish and few hermit crabs it came with. I’m looking to add a clean up crew before I put more fish.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know where is usually the best place to purchase them? A local fish store? A website?
Fellow enthusiasts, especially those who really do know what an actual peppermint shrimp is (most fish stores do not) and can provide you with inverts from disease-free tanks.

Jmcg89

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use the 20 long for fish quarantine as well? What chemicals do I treat them with? Also, how did you set up the quarantine tank?

sorry! I’m super new to this… we got a 2 year old established tank and I haven’t added anything to it yet aside from the fish and few hermit crabs it came with. I’m looking to add a clean up crew before I put more fish.
Nope I keep a fish free tank for corals and inverts with no chemicals, just 45 days of fishless time. I set it up with water and a few rocks from my display tank so it was cycled and just run a heater,light and a small powerhead on it.

For my Fish QT I use another 2 tanks and do whats called tank transfer Method or TTM and 2 doses of prazipro during that time.

There are many different ways to do QT and a lot of info out there!

Search HumbleFish on here and his site for some great info on QT time and treatments.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back