+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I usually order my CUCs online, but am always so worried about shipping in this heat. Even when using overnight shipping it still stresses me out. :)

I'm in Scottsdale and usually frequent Kona Reef or Aquarium arts... Where have you found is a good place to buy CUCs locally - specifically snails?

Thanks all!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Avast
OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with CUC from Kona Chandler and Artistic Aquariums but I've also bought from Reef Cleaners last August and they came through fine.

I assume you did overnight UPS with Reef Cleaners? I reached out to them and they said overnight with these temps is doable. I may end up going that direction - I need a pretty hefty supply of sandbed snails and the locals near me only have 10 here and 10 there.

Thanks everyone!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you did overnight UPS with Reef Cleaners? I reached out to them and they said overnight with these temps is doable. I may end up going that direction - I need a pretty hefty supply of sandbed snails and the locals near me only have 10 here and 10 there.

Thanks everyone!
I actually used USPS and RAN to the postal box when it arrived. The Drawf Trochus and Ceriths came through fine. The Drawf Nassarius where non-existent, just shells but their was a tiny, happy looking hermit in one of the otherwise empty shells. I would have preferred UPS but I just didn't have a big enough order to use it.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually used USPS and RAN to the postal box when it arrived. The Drawf Trochus and Ceriths came through fine. The Drawf Nassarius where non-existent, just shells but their was a tiny, happy looking hermit in one of the otherwise empty shells. I would have preferred UPS but I just didn't have a big enough order to use it.
I'm an idiot. Don't listen to anything I wrote. It was October before I ordered from Reef Cleaners. Sorry.

Top Shelf Aquatics

jporter17

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Reef Monsters earlier today and they had plenty snails (different varieties and I don’t recall all of them). Also hermits and other CUC critters. I picked up some bumble bee snails and a Halloween hermit. The also had the biggest Berghi Nudis I’ve ever seen. JP

FreeTuneUpp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My house is in semi-desert near Phoenix, AZ, but in an HOA community (plaenty of population). I keep all me bathrooms perfectly clean; however, yesteday in the lower GUEST bathroom which is almost never used I saw a two inch line of brown "stuff" (NOT manure!!!) about 1/16th inch wide. When I tried to clean it up it fell into mini-granules. I got it perfectly cleaned.

Today it was there again only not as long (see photo). I unscrewed the plactic nut cover on the right side of toilet and the metal washer under it left a tiny part exposed from the base of the toilet where there is a rectangular opening about 1'4" by 3'4". Inside below was a mass of the same brown growth.

WHAT IS IT? Could it be termites? If I call aTermite company they will for sure say "YES" so they can charge me.

When I doe a Google search the nearest ID that comes up is HASH!!!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• INSECTS ENLARGED_CORPPED.jpg
    INSECTS ENLARGED_CORPPED.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 17

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back