+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I have 2x Gen 2 Clarisea fleece filters, a Gen 3 and I had a Gen 1 which I recently retired.
On one of my Gen 2 filters my fleece keeps getting a crease in the middle which pulls the fleece away from the edges of the plate leaving a gap which detritus escapes into my sump. Kind of pointless actually. Does anybody else find this and if so have you found a fix? I remember on the Gen 1 when that moved to the XL rolls they had to add a white tube over one of the large threaded bolts as it was adding too much torque to the roller. Just not sure what is going wrong with the Gen 2. My other Gen 2 is perfect. I am well versed on how to change the rolls etc so not sure what is going on. I have to keep cutting the roll, removing and refitting which is almost as much work as filter sock maintenance. Any help greatly appreciated!
This is the link to what we all had to do with our Gen 1 filters to stop this from happening. The Gen 2 comes with this tube but it still seems to be happening.
IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Corals.com
AS
OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a faint ridge in the middle of the tube? That's really bizarre...
Nope it is identical to my other Gen 2 and looks perfect. It is making the filter useless though so I need to get to the bottom of why it’s happening and see if there is a fix.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you contact DD they will send you a tube that stops this from happening.
This already came with the tube. It was the Gen 1 that came without them and DD indeed sent me a tube to fix it my Gen 1 filter.
I actually fixed this issue by spinning the tube a few degrees and it stopped happening. Problem solved.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back