Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all - I’m coming off a nasty bacteria infection that killed all my tenius. I did a cipro treatment and the tank bounced back. I’m building my collection back up but I’m really paranoid about adding tenius back to the tank. I wanted to ask - has anyone done a cipro dip for sps? I’ve seen threads for lps but not much for sps. If so, how did you do it?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey y’all - I’m coming off a nasty bacteria infection that killed all my tenius. I did a cipro treatment and the tank bounced back. I’m building my collection back up but I’m really paranoid about adding tenius back to the tank. I wanted to ask - has anyone done a cipro dip for sps? I’ve seen threads for lps but not much for sps. If so, how did you do it?
I personally would use
Coral RX
Revive
Seachem DIP
Brightwell

sculpin01

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have for frags losing tissue post shipping and it has been successful. Arcobacter has been implicated recently as a likely causative organism and is sensitive to ciprofloxacin (and possibly doxycycline depending on strain). I would recommend a 30-90 minute isothermal bath.

Using cipro as a preventative dip is uncharted waters. I would consider that for wild and maricultured colonies with a high risk of RTN. Not sure I would do that for aquacultured corals.

https://humble.fish/community/index...and-corals-disease-and-treatment.10881/page-2

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AF
Back