Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share Your thiughts on Chromis Retrofasciata please! A guy at the lfs said obły viridis are worth it because other species are aggressive and prone to dieseases. I want a group odlf chromis or similar fish . Got a 55gal Maine tank.
Current stock: salarias, Cryptocentrus, chrysiptera Springeri, aiptasia filefish, 3 główna, 1 pterapogon (gonna pair it up). Also thinking of a centropyge argi or bispinosa at the end.

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, you're going to make me lookup scientific fish names... I don't necessarily agree with that assessment. I have 47 (current) fish in my 160-gallon tank, 14 of which are chromis, 4 damselfish and 3 anthias.

My chromis currently consist of:
5x blue-green (all close to adult size at this point, 3-3.5")
4x lyretail (smaller, probably 1.25-1.5" in length)
2x bicolor (2-2.5")
1x black bar (maybe 2")

All the chromis get along - no issues. I've only lost 2 in the past year - a blue-green that jumped out and a small black bar that was killed by a clownfish for continually venturing too close to her anemone.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share Your thiughts on Chromis Retrofasciata please! A guy at the lfs said obły viridis are worth it because other species are aggressive and prone to dieseases. I want a group odlf chromis or similar fish . Got a 55gal Maine tank.
Current stock: salarias, Cryptocentrus, chrysiptera Springeri, aiptasia filefish, 3 główna, 1 pterapogon (gonna pair it up). Also thinking of a centropyge argi or bispinosa at the end.
I would personally go for a trio of Chromis retrofasciatus, the reason for this is because I have yet to see many people with smaller tanks keep ’large’ (4-5) groups of Chromis viridis long term. Also, the other reason I would go Retrofasciatus is because they’re unusual.

unchin

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Chromis retrofasciatus from an original group of 8 that I got about 6 years ago. They're really cool when they're young, but they'll eventually set up territories and chase all other fish away from their territories. They'll even attack my arms when I'm working on the aquarium. Larger fish aren't too scared of them though, but if you have a lot of other small fish and not a large tank, then they could get bullied.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back