Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has probably been beat to death so I will narrow it down so we do not stray very far. I am awaiting my new Waterbox and am trying to decide on my flow. Tank is 65.4 so 4 feet long. Wil be heavy LPS, Zoas, Shrooms, and maybe down the road very little SPS. I am trying to decide on flow and have it narrowed down to a few options and just looking for advice or experience with these combos. Dry Fiji pink sand will be the sand in the tank. Want oolite but that stuff will blow when the fish breathe.

Option 1. Maxspect gyre 330 or 350 (35% off on BRS) with a Nero 5 on the opposing wall of the gyre.
Option 2. A pair of Nero 5s
Option 3. Either option above with a Nero 3.

I like the idea of the Nero as they can be directed and also link with an existing app with out having to add yet another app.

Just not sure if the Gyre will cause to much flow in the tank or should be good at that length of tank. Thanks guys

World Wide Corals

glb

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small icecap gyre for my 40g and it delivers plenty of flow across the whole tank. I only need one. I put the SPS on the side where the gyre is and the softies on the other side. I’ve been very happy with a gyre pump.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back