Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a mushroom and zoa invasion in my tank. Someone suggested to remove what I could and then add a chocolate chip starfish. I know they will eat soft corals but what about SPS and LPS? Anyone have experience with them in a reef tank with sps and lps? If I give it a try it will only be to remove the zoas/mushrooms then I will rehome it.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im having a mushroom and zoa invasion in my tank. Someone suggested to remove what I could and then add a chocolate chip starfish. I know they will eat soft corals but what about SPS and LPS? Anyone have experience with them in a reef tank with sps and lps? If I give it a try it will only be to remove the zoas/mushrooms then I will rehome it.
They are like vacuum cleaners and will consume what they want when they want and while considered bottom dwellers will feed on plants, coral, surfaces of coral, you name it

AS

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definatly "not reef safe" for a reason!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back