Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treated my tank with CP then had a pump failure the same night. The CP killed the algae and snails then caused an ammonium spike resulting in a lot of dead coral. Since then, the ich is gone, algae slowly starting to grow back, but coral still dies. I’m wondering is there may be more CP left after water changes doing this, or if it’s possible the salt is doing it. I had to buy a bucket of salt from petsco on the fly for fast water change, and kept getting an ammonia smell from the salt. I was in such a hurry and coral was already dying I didn’t think much about it because so much was going on. But now I’m wondering if the salt is causing my new problems.

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump. Not sure if any regulars in the reef chemistry section can help answer the above question.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treated my tank with CP then had a pump failure the same night. The CP killed the algae and snails then caused an ammonium spike resulting in a lot of dead coral. Since then, the ich is gone, algae slowly starting to grow back, but coral still dies. I’m wondering is there may be more CP left after water changes doing this, or if it’s possible the salt is doing it. I had to buy a bucket of salt from petsco on the fly for fast water change, and kept getting an ammonia smell from the salt. I was in such a hurry and coral was already dying I didn’t think much about it because so much was going on. But now I’m wondering if the salt is causing my new problems.

Try making some new salt water and check the ammonia if you think that may be a concern.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
nathanb25

nathanb25

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try making some new salt water and check the ammonia if you think that may be a concern.
I have been replacing the salt water, and I’m not getting and traces of ammonia. But there is something obviously off.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back