Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work remotely at home. In a previous role, I worked with a guy that had a great freshwater tank in his background and our calls always started with a few minutes of chat about aquariums. I always wanted something similar in my home office and recently reorganized the layout of the space to make it happen. I picked up a 31 gallon Tideline Lagoon tank that fits the space perfectly and will provide an ideal water volume.

The tank was "instacycled" with rock from my existing 120g display tank and I added a pair of Darwin clowns to the tank on April 2. The decision I am grappling with now is whether I want to make this a dedicated anemone tank (I have a couple RBTAs already in the sump of my 120) or if I want to to a soft coral tank. I really like the idea of having the rock scape covered in a variety of BTAs hosting the clownfish and a watchman goby and pistol shrimp but the though of soft corals and a ton of zoas sounds cool too. I can't seem to decide. Any suggestions are welcome.

So far, the equipment list is:
* Tideline 31g Lagoon AIO
* AI Prime 16HD Light
* AI Nero 3 wavemaker
* Mix of Marco Rock Nano and LifeRock all cultured for over a year in my 120g sump
* Caribsea Ocean Direct Oolite (I've always wanted to use a really fine sand but couldn't in my main tank because of the flow)
* Neptune EL system that I have as spare (auto water changes with DOS)

thumbnail_IMG_5563.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5591.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5565.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5576.jpg

Above is the only modification I have made so far. The stock "filter sock" is just a mesh bag and is trash. I 3D printed a custom adaptor to use 2.75" filter socks in the first chamber instead and this has made the water much clearer.

I could use suggestions for a media reactor and skimmer that will fit in the rear chamber (3.25" wide) for later when the anemones or soft corals actually go in.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back