Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 2.5 months into my first tank, a Fluval evo 13.5g and have noticed the water has gotten a slight yellow tint to it. I’m guessing that means that I need to replace the carbon bag that came with the tank.

I was looking where to go and buy the carbon and came across this chemi-pure elite product. That seems to be carbon + purigen? The store with chemi-pure is about an hour drive for me Vs a store with carbon and purigen is about 10minutes, is this effectively the same thing?

I’m very new to this so I’m kind of lost at what I should be putting in and why so any guidance would be really helpful

Corals.com

EricR

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemi Pure ELITE has GFO so is designed to reduce phosphates -- don't use that unless phosphate reduction is your goal.
Chemi Pure BLUE is more like regular carbon (GAC) -- I think it's mostly carbon with some other "stuff" so probably more like what you're looking for if just general water clarity is the goal.

Top Shelf Aquatics

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re looking to just get rid of the yellow tint regular carbon will do the trick.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’m 2.5 months into my first tank, a Fluval evo 13.5g and have noticed the water has gotten a slight yellow tint to it. I’m guessing that means that I need to replace the carbon bag that came with the tank.

I was looking where to go and buy the carbon and came across this chemi-pure elite product. That seems to be carbon + purigen? The store with chemi-pure is about an hour drive for me Vs a store with carbon and purigen is about 10minutes, is this effectively the same thing?

I’m very new to this so I’m kind of lost at what I should be putting in and why so any guidance would be really helpful
Ive sold at my store and been using their product well over a couple of decades. Chemipure Blue will be less aggressive and more practical and Take care of the tea color effect, keep phosphate in check and alleviate any toxins if present

OP
OP
P

Parsely

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive sold at my store and been using their product well over a couple of decades. Chemipure Blue will be less aggressive and more practical and Take care of the tea color effect, keep phosphate in check and alleviate any toxins if present
Good to know, thank you!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back