Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got Chemi-Pure Blue to put in the back of my tank and I noticed that no matter how much I rinse it, there are residual black flakes that come from it. Is this normal? Or does it take a long time for it to dissipate? When is it safe to put into the tank?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got Chemi-Pure Blue to put in the back of my tank and I noticed that no matter how much I rinse it, there are residual black flakes that come from it. Is this normal? Or does it take a long time for it to dissipate? When is it safe to put into the tank?
Sounds like theres too much crushed up carbon in there. The more you grind it together when rinsing the worse it gets. Maybe try a new bag.

OP
OP
T

testuser

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like theres too much crushed up carbon in there. The more you grind it together when rinsing the worse it gets. Maybe try a new bag.
Alright, I'll check the other ones. Sounds like the packaging was smooshed because there's a lot of loose carbon at the bottom of the package itself. Bummer. Especially if more are like this, I'll exchange it. Appreciate you confirming that it was bad quality.

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back