• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Chalice Pack Growout

OP
OP
xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on the growth rate of the chalices and the skill of the growers involved. I haven't looked into the typical growth rates of the pieces we're getting, but based on past growouts, it could possibly take up to a year. But don't let that discourage you, like they say "a watched pot never boils", so just don't think about the growout too much and before you know it, you'll have your corals. We are most likely going with two growers, we're gonna let them discuss to see how they want to distribute the pieces. Our growers are Joker295 and Reef UP just in case any of you weren't already aware. And for anyone who is currently in the growout, please refer to this thread for any updates...it's a bit of a hassle to individually pm each of you :xd:

Come on all of you who are interested....just one more!!

cjvale

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if we use 2 growers then we will have to grow each piece out to 8 eyes or willit still be 7 eyes just the grower of each will get 1 eye for the pieces in his tank? Also the packs will be shipped upon completion or as soon as each one is done? Again im new to this so my questions might be lame...

m and m

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just s tip with two growers unless they are local every person will be paying for shipping twice once from each grower.:bigsmile:

AS
OP
OP
xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we may have just gotten our final spot filled....waiting on a response from him. But to answer your question...no Joker295 is local to Sexy Corals, so he will pick them up. He'll let the pieces grow out to 2 or 3 eyes, frag half, and send the other frags to Reef UP (we'll cover shipping costs...but it should only be around $10-15 each so it's no big deal). Now we just have to wait for each frag to grow to 4 eyes and we'll be done. Half of us will have frags sent from Joker295, and the other half will have frags sent from Reef UP. So we will still be paying same shipping costs...only extra expense is shipping from Joker to Reef UP. But at least in my opinion..having backups is worth an extra $10.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got our last member! All confirmed members please send $285 to [email protected]. Include your R2R username and some kind of note letting Mike know that the payment is for our growout. Thanks, and if you can, post in this thread once you've sent the payment.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol sorry I'm still not understanding why...Joker picks them up, grows each frag out to 2 eyes. Frags 1 eye off each. Sends 1 eye of each chalice to Reef UP. We wait for both growers to have their frags grow to 4 eyes. They then each frag the chalices and 3 of us will get all frags from Joker and the other 3 will get all frags from Reef UP. It might even lower shipping costs in the end since Reef UP is closer to a few of the east coast members.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're talking about the extra ones Reef UP originally promised, then there's been a change of plans. Joker and Reef UP both paid half of the buy-in, but they won't be adding any of their pieces. Well at least it's not part of the deal...feel free though you two :wink: hahaha

nixer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol sorry I'm still not understanding why...Joker picks them up, grows each frag out to 2 eyes. Frags 1 eye off each. Sends 1 eye of each chalice to Reef UP. We wait for both growers to have their frags grow to 4 eyes. They then each frag the chalices and 3 of us will get all frags from Joker and the other 3 will get all frags from Reef UP. It might even lower shipping costs in the end since Reef UP is closer to a few of the east coast members.

im not either, but im sure there is more important things to worry about than someone else's growout

CLICK TO VIEW

lps1212

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like another good growout in the makeing with some good lookin pieces and 500 for the TD is good its what we payed for it plus shippin I believe just wanna wish you guysGoodLuck with this growout may you have success like the one I'm in

AS
OP
OP
xxbrianxx

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone, Mike has kindly offered us some freebies...so we've gotta decide between either 2 extra frags or extra eyes on our existing frags. My vote is for 2 extra frags. What do you guys think?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ultimate Corals
Back