Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’m still new to the hobby. How often will chalice corals change or add colors? I got a Christmas chalice that was only red and blue when I got it. I’ve had it about 4-5 months and it has been adding colors (green and streaks of pink). I’m assuming my lights are different from what it had, I’ve never had any of my other chalices or other corals change colors like this.

8470E5A9-646A-4867-8205-A456A0C8A305.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Seymo44

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome lol.

I have a cherry Garcia chalice that I accidentally bleached a year ago. When the color came back, the red was brighter than before and some baby blue streaks showed up as well. It looks like yours likes your light spectrum better than what it was originally under.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

DonJuanAntwon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome lol.

I have a cherry Garcia chalice that I accidentally bleached a year ago. When the color came back, the red was brighter than before and some baby blue streaks showed up as well. It looks like yours likes your light spectrum better than what it was originally under.
Interesting! I guess this is my first time seeing a coral make such a change in color. Thanks!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back