Chaeto flow question....

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got me some chaeto for in my sump. Put the chaeto in a breeder box in my middle compartment, which i also have my skimmer, UV light and matrix.

Question is, how much flow does chaeto need?

I dont see my chaeto actually moving or tumbling, but i know its gettig good flow. I could add a small power head into the sump or even had the spout of my uv light/pump shoot out into the breeder box to give it more flow.

Attached images and video.

One video i have my uv light/pump blowing into the breeder box and second video its not. Which is better? Tumbling or not?

20240731_171338.jpg

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very low flow in my separate refugium and it doesn’t seem to matter. It grows like nobody’s business and I harvest a softball sized clump almost weekly. That said, I have a tunze submersible light under the chaeto and a cheap Hygger LED bar on top. So it is surrounded by light. Based on this experience, I’ve come to the conclusion that the only reason you hear folks recommend tumbling chaeto is so that it gets even lighting on all sides. If you can accomplish this some other way (additional lighting or manual daily rotation), I don’t think flow really matters at all.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back