Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been researching a ton and have been getting some great info from everyone in here to prep for my first reef tank.
Looking at purchasing a 90 gallon reef ready tank and going to use the herbie method utilizing a gate valve and a ball valve for the emergency drain in the predrilled holes. Currently im trying to figure out the plumbing. I was planning on going with the aqueon with the internal center overflow (its actually a little offset to the left). My cabinet is pretty short and it is going to make the plumbing real tight. Marineland uses a corner overflow and it seems like it would be easier to plumb including the valves. Its pretty limited, but it seems like aqueon gets the nod over marineland when it comes to the quality of the tank. Any thoughts?

I went with the eshops aqua fuge sump and it has a center drain.
Ive contemplated drilling my own, but with my current luck it would be bad news. Heard that aqueon recently has used some tampered glass in tanks where they havent before in the past.
Thanks again, this community has been outstanding!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing to consider is that if you ever want to use a gyre style powerhead at the top of the water surface having the corner overflow will cut into the length available to put the gyre.
I never even though about it when I got my pumps and now my gyres are on the ends of the tank mounted vertically because they don’t fit horizontally.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back